Why be a part of the IA Institute?
IA Institute Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Moderated discussion group where you can learn about the experiences of others, and share your own challenges and concerns
- Discounted registration at IAI-sponsored events such as the IA Summit, Euro-IA, Oz-IA, and IDEA conference to name a few
- Unlimited access to our industry's most comprehensive directory of IA professionals
- Professional mentoring program that gives you one-on-one contact with a seasoned practitioner so you can improve your skills
- Access to our Volunteer Wiki and Basecamp account where you can join or create initiatives to help move the IA discipline forward
And you'll be supporting community access to
How to Join - Membership Levels
Membership at the IA Institute is on a subscription basis. Subscriptions allow members access to all the benefits stated above as well as additional programs and benefits throughout the year. Members can join online, a variety of payment options is available. Purchase an additional year of IAI membership and get save bucks!
We've recently updated our membership fee levels to both simplify the sign up process and expand payment options. Our new system is as follows:
|Group (1-8 members)
|Group (9-16 members)
Join the IA Institute today and be part of a global community of practice. Participate in the IAI community as an official member. Includes limited member directory access, mailing lists, job listings.
This Information Architecture Institute subscription offers premium access to all the member benefits, including full access to the member directory, discussion list, mentoring program, event and product discounts, etc.
To encourage students to get involved in IAI as they study, we offer a discounted membership with all of the benefits of the individual, professional subscription. Students must verify their enrollment in program of student before membership is valid.
Get all the benefits of Basic and Professional membership, plus: your name will appear in a special Thank You section in our Annual Report. You will also get the satisfaction of supporting a growing, global community of practice.
IAI offers a group membership option to businesses and organizations and includes the same benefits as an individual membership. This level is here to help decrease the amount of time spent on signup.
When a group representative signs up, we create new accounts for each group member allowing them to list their information in our directory and sign up for our members-only discussion list. Group membership is limited to up to 8 users - a potential savings of three individual membership subscriptions per group - or up to 16 users - a potential savings of six individual membership subscriptions per group.